Monday, August 15, 2011

Car Guy?

Contrary to what many may perceive as such, I am not a "Car Guy".
I do have a strong pull towards many things with wheels. This though, is not an all encompasing love for cars. I like what I like... and not really much else. I didn;t live through any of these era's. Its all a giant research project and theres just not enough time in the day for me to focus effort towards things that are not in my very narrow field of interest.
Many times I am stumbled upon at a gas station or some such place while in my roadster. I get struck into a conversation about cars. This usually ends up with me feeling a bit dumb. I am told about muscle cars, 50's - 60's - 70's cars, etc. I usually have no idea what these cars even look like.
I walk through various car shows or cruise-in's and can't identify half the vehicles there without reading the badges.
I don't know a Plymouth from a Pontiac. I am not drawn in by a Hemi or a Big Block or whatever is in the mouthes of the rows of alligators.

I appreciate the work that people put into their cars. I am polite to the owners. I respect their feelings towards them.

Thats where it stops. I go home... back into my world where they don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment